Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Motor Of The World

The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have promises to keep.
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-
Robert Frost (Stopping by Woods On A Snowy Evening)


While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard,
I was staring straight, into the shining sun.
-
Pink Floyd (Coming Back To Life)


And she said, We are all just prisoners here, of our own device...
...Relax, said the Nightman, We are programmed to receive.
You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!
-
The Eagles (Hotel California)


To seek, to find, and not to yield.
-
Alfred Lord Tennyson


It was the only thing I ever really wanted. And that's the sin that can't be forgiven--that I hadn't done what I wanted. It feels so dirty and pointless and monstrous, as one feels about insanity, because there's no sense to it, no dignity, nothing but pain--and wasted pain....Katie, why do they always teach us that it's easy and evil to do what we want and that we need discipline to restrain ourselves? It's the hardest thing in the world--to do what we want. And it takes the greatest kind of courage. I mean, what we really want.
- Ayn Rand (The Fountainhead)

------------------------

Disclaimer: End of the year puts me in the mood for a confessional.

No comments: