Friday, August 01, 2008

The Joke's On You

There is...a key...for everything. For everyone. You won't like to hear of it. But I know.

Should I tell you what it is?

They look at me like that. They stare. I didn't do nothing! It was...my father. He made me...smile...this...way. I hated my father. But I like this. I like to smile.

I don't know what to do. I can't sleep. I can't breathe. I can't LIVE like this. I have to get out. I have to do more than just burning ... papers ... and ... boxes. My hands look at me with expectation in their eyes. So I give it to them. My hands make for me little...devices...from garbage.

A little joke?

I like that. They go tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Then they stop. I like that...

I don't want to kill innocent civilians. Nobody's innocent. You need to grow up and see it for yourself. Nobody.

Innocent? Ha.

Freaks... Running around everyday, locked in little lives in little houses with little kids and little troubles. All. The. Time. Everything is so boring, it's repulsive. How do they stand it?

Courts and judges. Cops and jails. Lawyers and cases. Men and women. Little children in big yellow buses going to school. With books and pencil. All of it! Your lives are so locked in. You don't move around. You don't change. You don't play. You have these...these rules. About everything!

Not.

Me.

I am a man who breaks rules. I am going to live. And for that, I need to break your rules. Your rules. Into little pieces, floating in the air, ripped apart by an explosion. A freak. Like me.

Blood oozes. Blood oozes out of little faces, twisted in shrieks and screams. In their last moments. I can imagine it now. I can dream it. Blood will call for blood. Screams will call for screams. For something so meaningless as a life. Like an ant in its hill, walking in line with a million others. Ha!

I will give you what you need, you normal people. I'm the entertainment program, every evening when you turn on the telly.

Laugh with me now.

The city will suffer. Pain. Horror. Loss. Oh, the usual riff-raff, you know! Its no....biggie. And I will watch it burn. When all of you, all of you, see yourselves in those last moments. All of you. You will realize what I know already. That deep down this pretense of normalcy, this charade of civilisation, this show of humanity is just that. A charade. A pretense. A show. Deep down, you're all freaks.

Scavenging off your neighbors, killing your children, burning yourselves - every single day. No? You dont believe me? I don't expect you do.

I'll show you. The fireworks. The burning smolders. The melting metal. The strewn bodies. And all your screaming, snivelling, primal bloodthirst.

Think of it as an experiment. A social experiment. Anthro-? Anthropology. And you...you are the white mice! Let the games begin.

I have your key now. I will turn it. Soon. I will be ready. I know how to turn you. I can see you all. Right now. Balanced on a knife-edge, trying to walk the thin line. You can't win it, you know. But you insist, you persist, on trying. The order, the stringent protocol, the red tape, the binding rope of your lives...that's what is keeping you sane.

That's not who you are.

Can I show you? The key? How with one turn you will turn to animals? To monsters, screaming for blood and blood and more? Just one turn. To break this system. To break this rope. To introduce an element of chaos in the universe. That is how everything exists.

Chaos is fair.

Laugh now. Laugh with me! Its a show!

There will be rolling hoops of fire, thin balancing ropes high in the sky, rampaging animals. Men and women will jump through hoops, dodge fire, balance themselves high in the sky, and try to tame my beasts. To stay alive. To live. And if that gets too boring, we have - a joker! To cut the ropes. To pinch the beasts. To bring more fire. Ooh, I can't wait to get started!

Let's put a smile on that face!

2 comments:

El said...

hi, just checking in.

how'd your illegal teddy bear operations go? ;)

ami said...

Now I really wish I had seen it with you! :( So much to rant over... NYC, one day. And then maybe we can watch movies together =|