Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lovesick

Dear M,

I wish I could tell you this face to face. I want flowers and a string quartet in front of me as I say it. However, that doesn’t matter.

I love you, M. I am not scared of saying it. I know you complain to your friends about your boyfriends being commitment-phobics. Thats not me. I know how you sit alone in your room and read love stories, waiting for a fantasy romance to come alive. I see you with your friends, joining in their laughter and their lives, yet slightly aloof. You're waiting for your own life to begin.

I wish you knew how much I care for you. I want to hear your golden voice again and again. It's why I phone you every night. Just to hear your voice, unknowingly addressed to me. It gives me a fright too, you know. I feel like I'm overdosing on something very precious.

Life will turn around, so take care. Those nights you spend staring into your mirror, talking to yourself, trying to figure out your life – you scare me. I can't bear to see you like that, night after night.

I want to help you. So, I'm writing this letter to you, to tell you that there is someone who loves you. That there is someone looking at you. That there is someone who cares.

Every single day, every breath you take, I'll be watching you.

There is no reason to be afraid anymore.

Love,

X.

8 comments:

Revealed said...

I want a boyfriend like that.

Jayashree Bhat said...

Sob!

Confused n Baffled said...

for clarification, since not many seem to get it right away, its a stalker note.

Remus Lupin said...

I love you too babe ...

Trivik said...

Mother of god!
Either this X is really sad or he is a psycho idiot.
What the fuck do you write anyway?

esperante said...

I LOVED this *cough*entry*cough* post. Ehm.

Confused n Baffled said...

@trivikrama: now what is that? arre sunti ho, ramu ki ma?

ye old indian reference system to all parents and grandparents. sigh. the good old days.

@esperante: most girls have a disposition to like these sort of scary obsessive guys na? its a weird and dangerous tendency. you would do well to curb it, young lady.

Princess Stefania said...

Sighh.





(Stalker? I wouldn't mind having a stalker like that. But that snuffed out the romance, that did.)