Thursday, May 01, 2008

Mayday! Mayday!

Now that it's done and over, I don't ask for much. I did before, but not anymore. It is just the one thing left which I can have, and I don't see why I should be denied.

But here we are. And all that doesn't happen. All I want is the graceful exit. The perfect ending and the movie's closing credits now that the climax has been played out before an audience.

But that only happens in the movies. It's significantly more difficult when a period of 5 to 6 years cannot be compressed into the 3 or 4 minutes of one song. Just the one song of courage and hope and beating the odds. I like it how it leaves no moment for hesitation or second thoughts, at all. It starts and it rises. And as it rises, it takes him with it. At his moment of triumph, the song leaves him with an echo and an orchestra.

Why can't we have that? Why can't there be a song that does it for us? Takes us all the way to the end?

Recurrences can be scary. Very.

No comments: