Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Book Tag

Tagged by Kyra, who practically lives on such things.


A Book that made you Laugh

"Yes Minister & Yes Prime Minister" by Jonathan Lynn & Antony Jay. It was based on the popular sitcom, and personally I found it a lot funnier than the show.


A Book that made you Cry

I'm sure there are none.

But looking at this again and anew, I vote "Five Point Someone". I couldnt believe the hours I wasted over it. I was close to tears.


A Book that Scared you

Now this one applies only if you consider my age at the time. Goosebumps by R.L.Stine. I was but a child, a mere infant, and I didnt know right from wrong. The series wasn't altogether horrible also. And some of the books did scare me.

Also, the 3-in-1 Fright Time books. But never any serious horror.


A Book that Disgusted you

None as of yet. Is that me lucky or me unread?


A Book you Loved in Elementary School

The whole set of Noddy books by Enid Blyton. And her Faraway Tree trio.


A Book you Loved in Middle/Junior High School

Asterix & The Great Divide.

Its the only one I clearly remember devouring. Just couldnt get enough of it.


A Book you Loved in High School

Kane & Abel by Jeffrey Archer.
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.
The Golf Omnibus by PG Wodehouse.


A Book you Loved in College

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy.


A Book that Challenged your Identity

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.


A Series that you Love

The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan
The Lord of The Rings by JRR Tolkien


Your Favourite Horror Book

Nope. None. I somehow havent really read any real horror. Its an entire genre I've somehow unintentionally ignored.

But if we talk about things dark, sinister and gleeful, nothing beats the short stories by Roald Dahl.


Your Favourite Sci-fi Book

The Foundation by Isaac Asimov.


Your Favourite Fantasy

The Lord of The Rings by JRR Tolkien.


Your Favourite Mystery

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.


Your Favourite (Auto)Biography

My Days by RK Narayan.
Boy: Tales of Childhood by Roald Dahl.


Your Favourite "coming of age" Book

This blog does not endorse, support or, in any way, wish to encourage people coming of age.


Your Favourite Classic

I am yet to complete one.


Your Favourite Romance Book

Please.

------------------------------------------

I do not know whom to tag. Nobody seems around these days. Tsk...

2 comments:

kyra said...

you are yet to complete a classic?
i hope you're not reading Dickens then.

i always found Goosebumps faintly amusing. i remember the LMG library used to have loads of them.


And excuse me?
Tagged by Kyra, who practically lives on such things???

i RESENT that.

Anonymous said...

@kyra - excuse me! Goosebumps was scary at that time!!!!